Just like us, our crystals absorb and mix it up with so many other energies that, as do we, they also need loving tender care. Time to re-centre and release all that has been taken on.
When you are using your crystals for specific healing purposes they need to be cleansed and charged regularly. I cleanse my personal crystals at least once a month, the full moon is my preferred method. If I feel a crystal or stone has been working overtime with me, I will cleanse and charge it more often.
If you are using crystals for healing on others they must be cleansed each time before they are used again on another, this includes yourself.
Charging and cleansing crystals clears away absorbed energy and give them vital renewed energy. There are a few crystals that are said don’t need to be cleansed however I feel all crystals need to be cleansed and re–energized regardless.
Here are a few ways to cleanse and charge your crystals. Please remember not all methods are suitable for some stones and crystals, especially those who do not like water or sun.
- Placing your crystals in morning sunlight on the Earth for an hour or so, will charge most crystals. It can get very hot in the day and some crystals will fade, darken or crack under too much heat, so remember morning sun only.
- Placing your crystals out under moonlight is a gentle and penetrating method for recharging your crystals. The full moons’ light is the brightest in its cycle, thus giving a greater charge to your crystals.
- Placing them out in any dynamic weather conditions such as a thunderstorm provides an awesome electromagnetic charge to your crystals.
- The power of intent or creative visualisation – focus on and see white light cleansing and charging your You will get a sense of when the crystal is recharged.
- Placing your crystals under running water. Fresh creek water is wonderful or a very quick swim in the ocean, remember to rinse with fresh water and dry your crystals and stones.
- Placing your crystals on an Amethyst cluster is great for recharging jewellery and smaller crystals. You can also place your crystals on a Clear Quartz cluster that you have programmed to recharge any crystals you put on it.
- Smudging with Sage. The purifying smoke pulls the negativity into it and then transmutes it… then smudge yourself too
- Placing your crystals on a Selenite ruler brings them back to their sparkling selves in no time. Selenite cleanses and energises your Crystals.
- Crystal singing bowls are another great way to shake out all the lower frequencies and make your crystals buzz. Never place your crystals or stones inside a bowl. Sit them around the crystal bowl and do not allow them to touch the bowl or the bowl may shatter.
- Placing your Crystals in a grid. This can be a grid you create yourself with other crystals, or you could use a sacred geometry pattern such as the Sri Yantra or a Metatrons’ cube / Star of David / Flower of Life / Tree of Life image etc… You can download and print images and then place your crystals on top of them.
Follow your intuition to chose a method for cleansing your crystals and stones. If in doubt feel free to contact us here